Saturday, October 22, 2016

What Your Prospect Really Wants to Know About Your Business

When your prospect asks you what you do or what is your business, how do you respond?



For many of us, we believe those questions give us the signal to go ahead and verbally dump on our prospect. The tendency is to tell them everything good we know about the company or product in hopes that something will resonate with him.



Often times we will talk about how smart our company founder is, or how our company is rated number 1 in the whole universe. Or we talk about the patents that our company has on its products.







What DOES Your Prospect Really Want To Know?

That is NOT what  your prospect was asking. He simple wanted to know what you do. If you owned a store, would you immediately talk about how many degrees in business administration you have? Probably not. But if you did, the person that asked the question would probably think that you are pretty weird!



But, unfortunately, many network marketers do just that when asked about their business.



Find Your Prospect Hot Button

In the video, I tell about two experiences that illustrate this. The first experience is about a well-known network marketer that was asked on the spot to convince a friend's friend that she should drink more water.



The network marketer could have talked about ALL the various reasons why a person should drink more water, but he didn't do that. He didn't have the time to go into a detailed presentation about drinking water.



Instead, he quickly made a judgement about what the friend's friend might be concerned about, and he just said "If you don't drink enough water, your body will retain what water it does have and you will get bloated."



Her eyes got real big, and she said "I do have a problem with bloating lately!! I DO need to start drinking more water!"



He found her "hot button" and she was ready to listen.



Your Prospect: My Own Personal Story

My own personal experience happened when I was giving a shuttle ride to a person from a car dealership to his home. I explained that I drive this shuttle van two days a week, and the other five days I work on my home business.



He then asked me what my business was. At that point, I could have launched into a full-scale presentation for my network marketing business. Instead I simply said that I marketed a product for people who have stiff and sore achy knees. I then said "If you know anybody with stiff and sore knees, I am the one they need to talk to." Then I shut up.



The first words out of his mouth were "I have sore and achy knees!"



I hit his hot button!



We talked a little bit about his knees, I found out how long he had been having bad knees, and I asked if exercise seemed to help or hurt his knees even more. I then told him that 80% of the people who have tried my product have liked it well enough that they have ordered more.



When I suggested that for the price of a month's supply of my product that he could know whether my product was going to help him or not, he was interested.



We set an appointment for the following night for me to call him. After a brief review of what we talked about the previous day, I took his order over the phone.



What Your Prospect DOESN'T Want to Know

Now here is the real message of this experience!



He never once asked me about the credentials of our company's founder. And he didn't ask how many patents our products have. He didn't even ask if this was network marketing!!



And get this:......as of this moment when I am writing this three days later.....he doesn't even KNOW THE NAME of the product he has purchased! He doesn't even know the name of the company that sells it.



All he wanted to know was if this product was going to help his sore and achy knees.



What Your Prospect DOES Want to Know

And isn't that really all your prospect wants to know? Doesn't your prospect just want to know if our product can solve his pain, whatever that might be?



If they like the product and become a customer, THEN it might be appropriate to talk about what makes this product so special. WHEN they have the interest, THEN they might be willing to hear about the advanced degrees that your company's founder might have. But not before!



Summary For What Your Prospect Wants to Know

In summary....sometimes network marketers come across as being very "salezy" and hypee because we spew all this stuff at our prospects when they are not the least bit interested.



We throw all the information that we can at them in hopes that one tidbit will stick and make them want to buy. It is far better to take a little time and try to figure out what your prospect wants, what he doesn't want, or what he is concerned about.



Then out of all the multitude of products that you might have, you can pick the one that will best stop his pain, or address his concern.



Talk to your prospect about what he needs. Talk to him about what he wants. Then exlain to him how your product will solve his problem.



Don't spam everybody, don't give them hype. Just find their need and offer to help them address it.



Did you get value from this post on What Your Prospect Really Wants To Know? If so, consider commenting below and sharing it with your teams.



PS: If you would like to learn more tips like this and how to market effectively online, you can find that here:





Contact Me at: rogercox@rogercox.net



or at:



Health & Freedom with Roger Cox Facebook Page





Free Facebook Training 77-Page PDF: Click here



Avoid FaceBook Jail!





Additional Resources

Stand Out From the Crowd of Network Marketers



Entrepreneurial Mindset or Employee Mindset: Which Do You Have?



Put Down Fellow Network Marketers? Don't!



Network Marketing Pro - Eric Worre



Todd Falcone Blog



Success Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment