Thursday, June 27, 2013

Another Easy Tip for Gaining Self-Confidence

Would you like another tip for gaining more self-confidence?

When you go to a meeting, a conference, or church.......where do you sit?

Do you sit in the back, so that you can avoid being noticed?  Or in the middle, so that you can blend in with the rest of the people?  Or....do you sit right up front, in the middle, right in front of the speaker?

Sitting right up front will give you the appearance of being a confident person.  However, I believe that sitting up front habitually will actually help you to develop more confidence.

There is one other advantage to sitting in the front.  In my experience from sitting in church, I find that it is much easier to be distracted when I'm sitting in the back.  I can even zone out and be thinking of other things.  I don't get as much from the meeting if I'm not paying attention to the speaker.

Sitting in the front row, right in front of the speaker, helps me to be more engaged in what the speaker is saying.  It is much easier to stay focused, and I actually learn more than I would if I had be sitting in the back.

I would recommend that you give it a try!  At the very least, other people will subconsciously consider you to be a confident person just because of where you sit in the meeting.

--Roger Cox  

No comments:

Post a Comment